Monday, June 30, 2008

So it's been a busy few weeks. Not this past weekend but the one before was interesting. On Sat. I went to a Japanese book star in Manhattan to meet Tatsuya Nakadai, which was rad. If you don't know who he is, shame on you. He was in a bunch of Kurosawa films (he first appeared in The Seven Samurai but his roll is very brief) and he's a bit of a big deal in samurai film/Japanese cinema circles. He told me though a translater 'your height intimidates me and your sideburns remind me of Toshiro Mifune.' I took that as a compliment. The next day we did the Autism Benefit Walk, which was encouraging and very positive and a fair bit of fun too. I got to see Southside Seaport, an old part of town I'd never been to before.



This past weekend Alison and I went to Chicago where we hung out with some friends at a film convention. I officially invested in a film for the first time and we got to meet George Romero. How cool is that? I also drank some beers and bought some comic books, but that's really not all that interesting. Some would say it's par for the course.


Works been going well, even if I'm still leaning which makes it seem more hectic than it really is. Other than that, things are good. I'm happy, healthy (aside from the head cold) and enjoying life a lot more than I have in ages. There's a lot of neat stuff coming to a boil right now and the second half of this year should be a pretty interesting one.

1 comment:

The Hamzinger said...

I wanna go to a japanese book star and hang with Nakadai! That's pretty sweet; bonus points for the pic of the Romero-Sammich, too.